Fire Protection Companies Near Me
If you are looking for a commercial fire alarm monitoring company, you are already have three top priorities for your business: safety, cost and meeting code requirements.
The fire alarm monitoring company you select is responsible for the physical safety of your employees and the well-being of your business. Here are the main qualifications to assess when choosing a commercial fire alarm monitoring company:
- Accreditation: Check that the provider is UL accredited and certified and holds an A rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Experienced: Select a company with several years prior experience providing commercial fire alarm monitoring services.
- Expertise: The technicians at your fire alarm monitoring service should be experts in responding to crisis. In a fire, they are your primary line of defense, even before first responders arrive.
- Established: Ask if they are able to provide references from existing local customers.
- Integrated Services: Ability to provide office security system services and integrate them with your fire alarm system installation, maintenance and monitoring.
- Knowledgeable Installers: If you are looking for a provider that also installs commercial fire alarm systems, make sure they are experts in local, state and federal fire protection system code, OSHA fire safety requirements, the American Disabalities Act and building code.
Commercial Fire Alarm Monitoring
Fire alarm monitoring is a service in which a 24/7 fire protection company tracks alarms triggered by your fire alarm system, verifies the emergency and notifies first responders. Commercial fire alarm monitoring is critical for safety in the case of a fire, and for saving money on costly false alarms.
Commercial fire alarm systems include smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and temperature change sensors to sound an alarm and alert a monitoring service at the earliest stage of a fire. The alarm system interfaces with sprinklers and other suppression elements to put out the fire. At Palmer Electric, we use Honeywell Commercial Fire Alarm Systems, one of the most trusted names in the industry.
Two phone lines are no longer required for fire alarm systems. As technology has advanced and landline phones have become less prevalent, technology has advanced to provide more effective wireless communication technology for fire alarm systems.
The patented “mesh networked” radio system that we use is both more reliable and more cost effective than landline monitoring systems. For example, because of its increased accuracy, our wireless monitoring services pays for itself in three months on average. The system allows up to 8 connection paths and send the alarm signal in 2 seconds as opposed to the 45 seconds required to send a dialup alarm. It also runs system checks every few seconds instead of once every 24 hours as is true of landline systems.
A wireless communication system replaces the two phone line communication for fire alarm systems. The wireless mesh networked can be added to an existing fire alarm system, or included with a new fire alarm system installation. Honeywell’s mesh networked system fills dead zones left by traditional communication systems to ensure that your entire building is protected and that first responders are notified in a matter of seconds rather than minutes in the case of a fire.
Installation of a commercial fire alarm system for new construction is typically $1.50 – $3.00 per square foot. More complex systems such as Voice Evac and Retrofit systems can cost around $4-$6 per square foot. Monthly cost for a commercial fire alarm monitoring service is generally between $44 and $70 per month. Palmer Electric offers competitive pricing on both installation and monitoring services for commercial fire alarm systems.
Fire Protection Services
If you are looking for a commercial fire alarm system monitoring company to protect your business or organization, you can count on Palmer Electric’s reputation since 1951. Contact the Orlando Fire Protection company with years of experience providing and maintaining fire alarm systems. We offer commercial fire alarm installation, commercial fire inspection and monitoring to the Central Florida area. Visit our contact page or call us at (407) 646-8700 for a free quote from professionals who are dedicated to keeping businesses and facilities safe.